View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 EPBuddy.com 
Loboterator

Post EPBuddy.com
Just putting this site out for people to review: epbuddy.com

This is a great site for getting high quality chargers and power supplies. Its mostly geared towards Flyers, but they have stuff for ground users, too. They have some LiPo batteries in stock. 2s 5000 mah hardcase for $40, which isn't too bad.

Not the greatest selection of batteries for our needs, but it is an outstanding selection of FMA Direct, (maker of the PL6 and PL8), iCharger, and a few other good quality charger manufacturers. The list stops and ends with FMA Direct, imo, but far be it from me to stop you from buying anything else. Tomman didn't listen to me, why should you? :D

We don't break God's Laws. We break ourselves on God's Laws.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Post Re: EPBuddy.com
I'll second the site... lots of little things if you look around!
Fast shipping as well.
JC

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm

OH man - I am so torn - the pl6 is calling me, I need a charger capable of discharging to storage mode. I am a quality/tech junky and from all that I have seen there is no better than the pl6. But I also am a cheap @ss 8astered. With a power supply - hacked by your truly from ebay - I am looking at around $225. ugggggggg - I could sell the onyx 235 and probably get at least $50 for it. with 5 lipos to care for it would be a good investment - decisions decisions decisions...

It's done. I ordered from ep buddy. A pl6 with a free parallel charging board. I have been thinking hard for at least two weeks. It's to protect the lipo investment - ya that's it, lipo protection :-)

Dumas Big Swamp Buggy, Dumas Triple Cockpit Barrel Back... In progress
Soon, easystar 2 w/FPV and GPS - oh it's gunna be sooo cool!!!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 am
Loboterator

Its to protect your LiPo investment and also give you the bragging rights on this board.

If I didn't have my eye on another project right now, I would have already beaten you to it. :)

We don't break God's Laws. We break ourselves on God's Laws.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 pm

LaTuFu wrote:
Its to protect your LiPo investment and also give you the bragging rights on this board.

If I didn't have my eye on another project right now, I would have already beaten you to it. :)

Already shipped - what crappy service! you would think that they would ship it in under 1 hour. Two and a half hours is just way to long to wait for shipping. it only has to travel a couple hundred miles - it will be here Thursday :-) - now I gotta cobble together a power supply, I guess the car battery charger will work in the mean time. EP buddy appears to be a very solid company...

Gotta love eBay too : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OC:US:3160

With the points thing brought the PS down to just under $19... Near 40 amps when two of the 12 Vdc lines are combined...

Guess i gotta get the boss something now...

Anyone looking for a well loved and clean onyx 235? It has only been driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady :lol:

Dumas Big Swamp Buggy, Dumas Triple Cockpit Barrel Back... In progress
Soon, easystar 2 w/FPV and GPS - oh it's gunna be sooo cool!!!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:48 pm

For $19? You eBay-fu is weak. Try something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Poweredge- ... 1494wt_994

57A on a single rail and you can adjust the output to 13.5v :p
I have a bunch of them for charging tractor batteries.

TT MT4 G3, Stock Motor+ESC, extra motor heatsink, Savox 1256 TG, 15T pinion, 48T Spur, ST-1 Pro Wheels/Tires 6S Powah!
TT ST-1(with pro chassis) HiTech 7955TG, Leopard 1730kv 4092, 17T pinion, Castle XL2, AKA Cityblocks (hard compound+foam), 8S Powah!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]